Muslim women fight for right to wear Islamic headscarf

burqa criminal

For crying out loud!! All hats and face covering should NOT be allowed in certain areas. It is a public safety concern. The face must be visible when you enter public stores.
I think that is priority over someones religious habit. If they are not willing to remove it, then the store owner has a right to not allow them entrance.
Simple as that.  -BBJ

When Raghdaa Ali of Dearborn Heights attempted to walk into a cash advance store one day last summer to get a money order, an employee pointed to the Islamic headscarf Ali wore and said: “You need to take it off.”

The Advance America Cash Advance store in Inkster has a sign outside that reads: “Please Remove hat and Sunglasses” and requires customers to be buzzed in to enter and temporarily remove their head coverings for security reasons.

But as an observant Muslim woman who keeps her head covered in accordance with her faith, Ali tried to explain why she unable to remove her scarf, known as hijab. She was denied entry and told that unless she left, police would be called.

“I felt really hurt that day,” recalled Ali, a native of Iraq. “I’m a U.S. citizen and should not be treated differently because of my religion. This is pure discrimination against hijab.”

Ali later filed a lawsuit, and now her case may come to trial this year in Detroit, illustrating growing tensions as Muslim women fight for the right to wear hijab in public places. It’s a conflict that has come up more frequently in recent years as a religious minority seeks acceptance of its faith.

In addition to Ali’s lawsuit, there have been several other cases involving Muslim women in metro Detroit and the U.S., which civil rights advocates say shows a pattern of misunderstanding about hijab. On Tuesday, Maha Aldhalimi sued the city of Dearborn, saying their officers forced her to take off her hijab for a booking photo after arresting her on parking violations.

Read More HERE

“There is a real thirst for revenge” – Muslim cleric on Tunisia terrorist attack

Muslim activist Anjem Choudary has said that the presence of Western civilians in Muslim countries is creating instability.

A MUSLIM SOCIAL activist and cleric has said that the terrorist attacks that occurred last Friday in Tunisia, France, and Kuwait are a product of Western people encroaching on the Muslim world.

Anjem Choudary, a high-profile British cleric and former chairman of the Society of Muslim Lawyers, said that: “being naked on a beach, alcohol, drugs, these are things that are rejected by all Muslims” in relation to the attack in Tunisia that left 38 people dead, including three Irish citizens.

choudary crosshairs1

Choudary was speaking to Adrian Kennedy on 98FM’s Dublin Talks radio show earlier today.

“The real question to ask is why is there such instability in North Africa. It is not so much a question of blame. We need to look more deeply into this,” Choudary said.

When asked if he thought Western tourists should forego the likes of Tunisia and leave such countries to their own devices Choudary replied “at the moment I would say that is absolutely the case, yes”.

Read More HERE

 

Under the MTA’s anti-speech rules, even a movie ad is banned

In trying to shut down the political viewpoints of someone on the right, the MTA wound up shutting down folks from the left.

It should surprise no one.

Last week, the MTA was sued by comedians Dean Obeidallah and Negin Farsad, veteran contributors to a left-leaning comedy fest called “Laughing Liberally.”

Actually, it’s no laughing matter.

The duo claim that the agency broke a $15,000 deal to mount posters in 140 subway stations to advertise their satirical movie, “The Muslims Are Coming.”

Why ban the posters?

Out of fear that they violate the MTA’s new policy against posting political ads. The agency adopted that policy after US District Judge John Koeltl struck down an earlier ban on ads submitted by conservative activist Pam Geller, whose anti-jihad signs were deemed anti-Muslim.

But Koeltl declared this month that banning all political ads, not just Geller’s, passed constitutional muster — a dubious decision, to say the least.

As the Obeidallah-Farsad suit demonstrates, when a government bureaucracy puts itself in charge of selectively banning speech, who knows where it will lead?

Obeidallah and Farsad argue their ads — which include language parodying anti-Muslim views — are simple commercial signs to promote their film.

Somehow, though, the MTA sees them as political speech that needs to banned.

Can anything be less democratic?

As many folks, including us, often note, the healthiest way to deal with disagreeable speech is with more speech to counter it.

And in this case, the MTA’s efforts to protect certain groups from alleged “hate speech” inevitably led to limiting expression for those very groups (along with everyone else).

Arbitrary decisions by bureaucrats don’t do anyone any good. For the sake of Muslim-American comedians, conservative activists and, well, everybody else, we hope the last laugh’s on the MTA — and Obeidallah and Farsad win their suit.

 ISIS purportedly threatens to ‘slaughter’ Christian Arabs living in Jerusalem

ISIS flyer

“ISIS soldiers will work to kill these people so this country is clean of them,” leaflets state.

Menacing Arabic flyers, purportedly issued by an Islamic State branch in Jerusalem, threatened Christian Arabs over the weekend with slaughter unless they flee the capital by the end of Ramadan.

While the authenticity of the leaflets, which bear the Islamic State insignia, cannot be verified, they called upon like-minded zealots to identify “those who collaborate with the Zionists” and provide their addresses. (Sounds like something out of Nazi Germany…oh wait a minute….Nazis….Islam….ISIS….all the same.)

“Those who work with the Zionists also encourage Muslims to leave their religion and become more secular and open, and they spread evil,” the leaflet stated. “They take these Muslims away from us…. We know where they are, but we need help to find them all – all those Christian collaborators.”

A police spokesman on Monday said that he was unaware of the leaflets, which were clandestinely distributed roughly one week after a church by Lake Kinneret was set alight in an apparent hate crime.

The note goes on to state that “ISIS soldiers will work to kill these people so this country is clean of them and… will clean this country and the Muslim Quarter from these Christians during this holy Ramadan.”

It added that the group’s operatives will begin their search in the Jerusalem neighborhoods of Beit Hanina, Shuafat, the Muslim Quarter of the Old City, and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.

“Because the Christians violated the Pact of Omar [made when Muslims conquered Jerusalem], we will do this,” the note concluded. “So we tell our Christians and the nonbelievers: Go away now or you will be killed when the Id [al Fitr festival ending Ramadan] is near.

And you will be slaughtered like the sheep. One month is enough for them to go away.”

The leaflets were signed “The Islamic State – Emirate of Bayt al-Maqdis [the Holy City, i.e., Jerusalem].”

While no Christian Arabs who received the note agreed to be interviewed, one Israeli man with numerous Arab friends said the vitriol has rattled some within the community.

“They’re fearful for their lives and don’t want to go to the police because they feel that the police won’t be responsive,” the man said, requesting anonymity.


“What’s most problematic is that in this case individuals aren’t being targeted but an entire group, which is pretty darn serious,” he continued.

“If leaflets with swastikas and similar threats were sent to Jewish neighborhoods, people would be outraged. I hope and pray it amounts to nothing at all.”

Obamas JV team grows as ‘caliphate’ enters second year

Obama would be so proud!!

Beirut (AFP) - The Islamic State group’s “caliphate” enters its second year Monday with the jihadists expanding their territory in Syria and Iraq and their global reach by claiming attacks in Tunisia and Kuwait.

The extremist group headed by Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi announced on June 29, 2014 that it was reviving a form of Islamic government known as the “caliphate”, pledging it would “remain and expand”.

In the year since, it has gained more territory in Syria and Iraq despite an attempted fightback supported by a US-led coalition air campaign.

It has also attracted a string of affiliates — in Egypt, Libya, Yemen, Pakistan and elsewhere — and sought to project fear on an international scale.

Last week, the group claimed responsibility for the attack in Tunisia in which 38 people, mostly foreign tourists, were killed at a seaside resort.

And it said it was behind a suicide bomb attack against a Shiite mosque in Kuwait that killed 26 people.

IS also appeared to be the inspiration for an attack in France in which a man rammed his van into a gas factory and beheaded his boss.

“It’s not clear that these actions are centrally planned or coordinated by IS,” said Yezid Sayegh, a senior associate at the Carnegie Middle East Centre think tank.

“That said, we may be seeing the start of a long campaign conducted by IS members or sympathisers who have been trained and then sent back home to their countries to take their own initiative in planning and conducting attacks, depending on their abilities, resources, and opportunities.”

Read More HERE

 

Beheading And Blast In France Terror Attack

savages1a

Attackers carrying Islamist flags ram a building with a car before a man – thought to be the boss of a suspect – is decapitated.

A man has been decapitated by attackers brandishing Islamist flags at a French factory, which was later rocked by an explosion.

 

The severed head had Arabic writing scrawled across it and was found on a fence next to two jihadi banners.

Two other people were hurt in the explosion at the US-owned factory, said French President Francois Hollande.

The attack happened shortly before a gunman attacked tourists at a Tunisian resort popular with Britons and Islamic State claimed responsibility for attacking a mosque in Kuwait, which killed 25.

The explosion in France was triggered when two attackers deliberately crashed a car into gas canisters, according to police.

One Islamist had been killed at the premises in Saint-Quentin-Fallavier, about 35km (22 miles) away from Lyon in southeastern France.

The main suspect, named as Yassin Salhi, 35, has been arrested. He is believed to have been an employee of the victim – who headed a local transportation company, according to a French security official. 

Salhi’s wife is also thought to have been detained as French television showed a woman and another person being led away from the suspect’s apartment in a suburb of Lyon.

Earlier, she told radio station Europe 1: “We are Muslim. We observe Ramadan…We have three children. We live a normal life.”  (Of course that means we go around chopping peoples heads off.)

Read More HERE

  • Saudi-led jets bomb Yemen as Hadi government rejects new talks

    By Mohammed Ghobari SANAA (Reuters) – Air strikes by a Saudi-led force hit military bases across Yemen on Friday, residents told Reuters, and the country’s foreign minister was quoted as saying there was no need to convene another peace summit after the first round of talks failed. Talks in…

  • Islamic State suicide bomber kills more than 10 in Kuwait mosque attack

    By Ahmed Hagagy KUWAIT (Reuters) – A suicide bomber blew himself up at a packed Shi’ite Muslim mosque in Kuwait city during Friday prayers, killing more than ten people, the governor of Kuwait City said. The Islamic State militant group claimed responsibility for the attack in a statement posted…

  • Iraq Kurds expel some suspected Islamic State supporters from villages

    By Isabel Coles ERBIL (Reuters) – The four men helped each other clamber up the far side of a trench into the no-man’s land between frontlines in northern Iraq, fearing what lay ahead but unable to turn back.   Moving forward under a pounding sun, they carefully navigated around landmines until…

  • France points to Islamist terrorism in deadly attack on gas factory

    French officials have launched a terrorism investigation after an attack on a gas factory in southeastern France this morning left one dead and several wounded. The assault comes nearly six months after Islamist gunmen shot their way into the offices of a satirical newspaper in Paris, increasing…

     

Key Muslim body Al-Azhar condemns ‘sick’ Mohammed cartoons

If you capitulate with Islamic cartoons….whats next?
No crosses on churches?
No ringing of church bells.
No distribution of bibles…anywhere?
Anything referring to pork products must be covered?
Muslim employees do not have to handle alcohol or pork products?
Muslim only days at parks or swimming pools?
Muslim only restrooms?

Can anybody else add to this? -BBJ

   AFDI-billboard-640x480Cairo (AFP) - The leading Sunni Muslim seat of learning, Al-Azhar, on Thursday denounced the “sick imagination” behind cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed that were aired on Dutch national television.

A statement by the Cairo-based Al-Azhar also urged Muslims to “ignore this odious terrorist act”, a day after some 10 cartoons were screened by anti-Islam Dutch politician Geert Wilders during a television slot for political parties.

“The stature of the prophet of mercy and humanitarianism is greater and more noble than to be harmed by cartoons that have no respect for morals or civilised standards,” it said. (Then it added….”go out and kill all the non-believers.”)

Many Muslims feel drawings of the prophet are disrespectful or outright blasphemous, and some Dutch Muslims have chosen to simply disregard Wilders.

The Dutch politician said he was making the broadcasts to defend freedom of speech after two militants launched an attack in May on a Mohammed cartoon contest in Texas, before being shot dead by police.

  “Freedom of speech must always prevail over violence and terror,” Wilders told viewers in the broadcast.

Before Thursday’s statement and the cartoon broadcast, Al-Azhar had said that the objective of Wilders was to “provoke the anger of Muslims” around the world.

But it had also warned that this would only benefit “terrorism which takes advantage of such incidents to spread violence and destabilise peace and security in the world”.

Supporters of Freedom of Speech, Democracy, Individualism and Womens Rights around the world. We are against Radical Islam and the terror it brings.